The Ledge, Episode 57: Winter Songs

I'm generally not one to complain about the weather. I know I'm going to sweat like a pig in the summer, and freeze my ass off in the winter. That's the way it is, and I don't need some silly Dirk Doppler 50,000 to tell me so.

These past few days, though, have been almost unbearable, and it's not helped by the fact that the heater doesn't work in Jenna the Jeep. It works well enough that I can be somewhat comfortable when it's in the 20's, but this plus or minus single digit BS is just too much for poor Jenna.

The only positive aspect of this situation is that it provided me with inspiration for this week's show. I've spent a couple of freezing evenings looking through the library for songs that represent this time of year. Some are obvious classics; others are the typical obscurities you're used to with my silly show.

The drill to hear this show is a bit different than usual. Yes, you can still subscribe through iTunes, or directly download it here.

Barring some technical difficulties, however, this week's show will NOT be streamed at realpunkradio this Friday at 5 pm central time. Instead, I will be broadcasting LIVE!!! Yes, I realize that my Tuesday experiment was a complete FAILDOZER, but I'm confident that the technical problems will have been fixed by Friday night. Please come listen to the LIVE LEDGE show this Friday, and join us in the chat!

Here's the setlist for the Winter Show:


1. Bob Dylan, Quinn the Eskimo (The Mighty Quinn)

2. The Decemberists, January Hymn

3. Crooked Fingers, Shelly's Winter Love

4. Beck, Cold Brains

5. Galaxie 500, Cold Night

6. Pixies, Winterlong

7. The Ocean Blue, Frigid Winter Days

8. Husker Du, Ice Cold Ice

9. Grant Hart, In a Cold House

10. Paul Kelly, Winter Coat

11. Peter Case, It's Cold Inside

12. Ben Weaver, White Snow

13. Mark Eitzel, Stunned & Frozen

14. White Stripes, In the Cold Cold Night

15. Brendan Benson, Cold Hands (Warm Heart)

16. Willie Nile, She's So Cold

17. Rolling Stones, She's So Cold

18. Rolling Stones, Winter

19. Dumptruck, Winter

20. The Who, Early Morning Cold Taxi

21. Tripwires, Flowers of Winter

22. Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Cold Light

23. Fleshtones, Cold Cold Shoes

24. Apples In Stereo, Winter Must Be Cold

25. Black Lips, Cold Hands

26. Superchunk, Winter Games

27. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Cold Winter

28. Captain Beefheart, Steal Softly Thru Snow

Comments

Popular Posts