Live Ledge, Episode 10: Double Cover Challenge!
The most excellent Mojo Workout follows me, and with greats such as Russell Quan (The Mummies), Mike Lucas (Phantom Surfers), and Yoshiko of the 5,6,7,8's appearing alongside the rest of the Mojo crew this week, I knew I had to bring on at least a B+ game.
After a couple of extremely potent Whiskey/Throwback Mountain Dews, the decision was made to turn this episode of Live Ledge into a contest. The format was simple - I played two versions of one song and allowed the chat to decide which was the stronger version. At times, the results were as expected, but quite often I was more than shocked at the victors.
The contest is not over yet. Download the show here, and in the comments section choose your victors. Interesting answers may be a part of next week's insanity!
Here's the individual contests:
1. "Love Is All Around" between Joan Jett and Husker Du.
2. "Helter Skelter" between Husker Du and Siouxie & the Banshees
3. "Here She Comes Now" between Galaxie 500 and Nirvana
4. "Femme Fatale" between R.E.M. and Big Star
5. "Children of the Revolution" between Lloyd Cole and Violent Femmes
6. "Head On" between the Pixies and Jesus & the Mary Chain
7. "Gudbuy T'Jane" between Stiv Bators and The Replacements
8. "Bastards of Young" between Against Me and Two Car Garage
9. "Whole Wide World" between the Pristeens and Paul Westerberg
10. "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere" between the Flaming Lips and David Bowie
11. "I'm a Man" between The Who and The Yardbirds
12. "Brand New Cadillac" between the Clash and Vince Taylor
13. "Wasted" between Camper Van Beethoven and Circle Jerks
14. "Louie Louie" between Black Flag and The Wailers
15. "Hey Joe" between The Creation and The Dukes of Hamburg