Live Ledge #141: Odds And Sods

As of last night, I had no idea what to do for tonight's show. I even attempted to create an all-request broadcast, but my so-called "friends" on Facebook were more interested in Bieber jokes than to help me out. So I just spent some time in the music library picking out songs I hadn't heard in a bit. Various ideas then popped out, like airing the original versions of the cover songs on the new Springsteen album. Or playing a couple of Misfits songs after discussing the recently released biography, This Music Leaves Stains: The Complete Story of The Misfits, written by James Greene Jr. 
Some recently downloaded Replacements bootlegs helped fill in a few gaps, and I ended up with one of the more enjoyable shows of recent memory. Grab this in the iTunes store, Stitcher, or The Ledge app. For even more convenience, you can click on that Stitcher box on the side of the page for instant playback, or...


1. The Crunch, Gangster Radio  
2. The Replacements, I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man  
3. The Replacements, Go  
4. Paul Westerberg, I Wanna Be Your Dog  
5. Grand Champeen, Chains  
6. The Bremen Riot, Land of 1000 Dancing Pills  
7. Suicide, Dream Baby Dream 
8. The Havalinas, High Hopes  
9. Saints, Just Like Fire Would 
10. New York Dolls, Who Are the Mystery Girls?  
11. Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers, All By Myself 
12. Dead Boys, Sonic Reducer  
13. The Clash, Garageland 
14. The Jam, Just Who Is The 5 O'Clock Hero?  
15. Misfits, Teenagers From Mars 
16. Misfits, Skulls  
17. Iggy & The Stooges, I Got A Right  
18. The Night Marchers, Loud Dumb and Mean 
19. Obits, This Girl's Opinion  
20. Superchunk, FOH 
21. Archers of Loaf, Harnessed In Slums  
22. Two Cow Garage, Stars & Gutters 
23. The Wrens, Faster Gun  
24. The Fleshtones, Hipster Heaven 
25. King Khan & the Shrines, Born to Die  
26. The Sights, Fool (I Can't Stop Making Out With You)  
27. Cherry Glazerr, All My Friends 
28. Mind Spiders, Make Make Make Make 
29. Dan Vapid and the Cheats, Miracle Drug   
30. Biters, The Boy's Alright 
31. The Men, Without A Face  
32. FIDLAR, Wake Bake Skate 
33. Tommy Keene, Much Too Much 

Comments

Popular Posts