The year is 1979. Your host is a shy, laid-back high school student disenchanted with the awful music his friends made him endure. He had ventured out before with earlier releases by the Sex Pistols and Clash, but it was during this year that he became a real record collector. Many a night was spent at either Iron Creek or Budget Tapes and Records, searching for the antidote to cure him from the diseased-plagued aural nightmare of the likes of Molly Hatchet and Kansas.
The collection grew and grew that year, thanks to the likes of Patti Smith, Elvis Costello, Graham Parker, PIL, The Clash, Wire, and so many more. There was a great sampler record from a fledgling label called Twin Tone Records that opened my eyes to a growing music scene in Minneapolis.
But there were also more mainstream things that weren't so offensive, and two of them arrived in Sioux Falls on July 7, 1979. Cheap Trick was currently at the top of the charts with Dream Police, and they brought with them a fledgling Aussie band called AC/DC. This event was one of the rare sellouts in our city's history, and it's commemorated in tonight's show.
Grab this one in iTunes or Stitcher, stream it via The Ledge app, hit the Stitcher player on the side of the page, or...
CLICK HERE TO STREAM/DOWNLOAD THE SHOW!!!
1. The Patti Smith Group, So You Want To Be a Rock 'n' Roll Star
2. Elvis Costello & The Attractions, Accidents Will Happen
3. Nick Lowe, American Squirm
4. Dave Edmunds, Girls Talk
5. Graham Parker, Saturday Nite Is Dead
6. Curtiss A, Land of the Free
7. The Hypstrz, 6654321
8. The Suburbs, Urban Guerilla
9. The Suicide Commandos, Complicated Fun
10. The Undertones, Teenage Kicks T
11. The Buzzcocks, You Say You Don't Love Me
12. The Boomtown Rats, Having My Picture Taken
13. Joe Jackson, I'm The Man
14. Generation X, Gimme Some Truth
15. Public Image Ltd., Death Disco
16. The Clash, Death or Glory
17. The Damned, Smash It Up (Part 2)
18. The Soft Boys, Rock N Roll Toilet
19. The Ruts, Babylon's Burning
20. Wire, Two People In A Room
21. Stiff Little Fingers, Suspect Device
22. Devo, Mongoloid
23. Ramones, Rock 'n' Roll High School
24. The Dickies, She
25. The Germs, Lexicon Devil
26. The Dils, Mr. Big
27. Fear, I Love Livin In The City
28. Cheap Trick, The House Is Rockin' (With Domestic Problems)
29. AC/DC, If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
30. Motorhead, Louie Louie
31. The Kinks, Low Budget
32. Alex Chilton, Hey! Little child
33. The Cramps, Garbageman
34. The Beat, Rock N Roll Girl