Song of the Day

We'll see how long I keep this up before I get bored, but I'm going to start posting a song every day. To get it going, I've got three songs for today.

We'll start with one of the bonus tracks from the Replacements reissue series, an outtake cover of the cheesy 70's bubblegum track "Heartbeat, It's a Love Beat".

Replacements, Heartbeat It's a Lovebeat

The second selection is a bootleg recording of Neil Young covering the Beatles "A Day In the Life" at Farm Aid earlier this year.

Neil Young - A Day In the Life


Those that purchased the limited edition version of Radiohead's In Rainbows received a second disc of material. "Bangers and Mash" should have made the original album, as it was one of the highlights of the show I saw this summer.

Radiohead, Bangers and Mash

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was listening to local FM the other day, and the 'ol Fixx song, "Red Skies at Night" sounded pretty good for some reason. The melody has lots of strange 'naughty notes, as George Harrison use to say. I can't figure out how a song writer would come up with something like that for a tune.
And speaking of Neil Y. - the 'Mirror Ball' album still sounds great.
Kurt

Popular Posts