Rural Ledge-ucation #40: Johnny & Etta

A note to all listeners - this show almost didn't happen. The morning started like every Sunday - I woke up and headed to the coffee shop for my usual two mugs of caffeine. I headed home and set up everything for the show, and when Drazzle handed the reins over to me - NOTHING! I couldn't connect.
For once in my life, I stayed calm. I reset my modem. I restarted my laptop. Still nothing. Finally, I pulled out a few cables and rejiggered everything to load onto my other laptop, which I then was able to connect. It's rough, but the show is here!
Why go through all this trouble? Good question. I guess it's mainly because I had put together a pretty varied set for the day. Besides lengthy tributes to Johnny Otis and Etta James, including a rare bootleg duet between Etta and Bob Dylan, I also had lined up a rare cover of Ratt by Ryan Adams, and new music by Joseph Arthur, Craig Finn, and others. Plus, a great Jimmy Cliff EP where he covers Rancid and The Clash!
Download this sucka at the usual spots around the interwebs, or directly download it HERE!

1. Johnny Otis, Shake It Lucy Baby
2. Big Mama Thornton, Hound Dog
3. Johnny Otis, Willie And The Hand Jive
4. Marci Lee & Johnny Otis, Telephone Baby
5. Joseph Arthur, Travel As Equals
6. Craig Finn, When No One's Watching
7. Jimmy Cliff, Guns of Brixton
8. Jimmy Cliff, Ruby Soho
9. Chuck Berry & Etta James, Rock And Roll Music
10. Etta James, Hoochie Coochie Gal
11. Bob Dylan & Etta James, I'm A King Bee
12. Ryan Adams, Round and Round
13. Dave Davies, Hold My Hand
14. Alex Chilton, All I Really Want Is Money (Original Mono Mix)
15. The Jesus & Mary Chain, Darklands (With Strings)

Comments

Popular Posts