Live Ledge #200: New Releases

Until I began writing this post, I never noticed that tonight's show marked a passing of a special threshold. Tonight's show is the 200th live Friday night episode, and I did nothing special for it. Remember Live Ledge #100? A booze-filled night at a local bar in front of a live audience. Why didn't I do that again tonight?
Oh well, it's for the best thanks to the bad news that came across the internet about halfway through the show. Tonight marks the final performance of the comeback tour of The Replacements, and leader Paul Westerberg announced that the band was again breaking up. Ugh.
I didn't let that upset me too much, though, and carried on playing some of my favorite new releases of the past few weeks. This really has been a great year for music, and records by the likes of Thee Oh Sees, Michael Rault, Thee Tsunamis, and Warm Soda. Jello Biafra put out a fabulous live album of covers, and there's a new Uncle Tupelo tribute album coming out. The Replacements may be dead, but rock and roll lives on.
Grab this from the usual sources, or...

CLICK HERE TO STREAM OR DOWNLOAD!!!

1. The Replacements, Another Girl Another Planet
2. Graham Parker & The Rumour, Slow News Day
3. Robert Pollard, What A Man
4. Robert Pollard, Photo Enforced Human Highway
5. Bo-Dogs, Hey Mr. Oil Drop Man
6. The Last Bison, Graveyard Shift
7. Smoking Popes, Life Worth Livin'  
8. Big Sky Blue, Before I Break
9. Cheap Girls, Screen Door
10. The Montecristos, Love Missile F1-11
11. The Montecristos, Brand New Cadillac
12. Jello Biafra, Don't Mess With my Toot Toot
13. Jello Biafra, Bangkok
14. Warm Soda, Dream I Left Behind
15. Warm Soda, I Wanna Know Her
16. Guantanamo Baywatch, Jungle Bride
17. Michael Rault, All Alone (On My Own)
18. The Nils, More Alike
19. The Nils, Tony Sanchez
20. Thee Oh Sees, Web
21. Thee Oh Sees, Poor Queen
22. Titus Andronicus, Fatal Flaw
23. The Gumbo Ya-Ya's, Stick Around
24. Panther Ray, Get to You
25. Dirty Fences, Give Me a Kiss
26. Dirty Fences, High School RIP
27. The Fall, Venice with the Girls
28. The Fall, Quit iPhone
29. Thee Tsunamis, Female Trouble
30. Thee Tsunamis, Trash Talk
31. Froth, Saccharine Sunchine
32. France Camp, No Love

Comments

Popular Posts