Lisa's Blog - STP doing some lip synching last night at PNC Pavilion?

Lisa's Blog - STP doing some lip synching last night at PNC Pavilion?


Talk was rampant at the show last night about lip synching and playing to an audio track or two...and the talk was only exacerbated when Scott Weiland fell on stage, yet oddly enough, still managed to sing through it in perfect pitch!
So, I didn't see the fall. I must've fallen down at the same time. No, just kidding...I had gone to grab a beer. But I heard about it when I got back to my seat. And apparently, he fell really hard. Yet somehow sang through the fall, never missing a beat...and it was all pitch-perfect. His voice never wavered.
That's interesting...because I fall down a lot. And I know when I do it, there is some form of accompanying audio...usually an expletive...but most always a grunt, groan or, depending on how bad it hurt, a giggle or two. But not Scott Weiland. Being the consummate professional he is, he didn't even so much as falter with his lyrics. I looked for it on YouTube today, but so far, there isn't any video of his great fall...Anybody got it? I'd love to see it and judge for myself what happened.
Later, during another song (can't remember which one!) it was pointed out to me that "the CD is skipping" by a man in front of me who had visibly lost a tooth at some point in his life...perhaps when Scott Weiland fell? Anyway, he continued to yell this and point at the stage...which made me pause for a moment and listen. Truth be told, I DID hear something "skip"...something in the background...like the drummer screwed up and missed a beat or two. It was definitely obvious. Yet the band kept going like nothing happened. Anyone else hear that stuff last night??
Either way, as I pointed out to my friend in need of a tooth, I was still a happy concert goer. I told him if I was going to enjoy seeing anyone doing "Stone Temple Pilots karaoke" on stage...it was going to be Stone Temple Pilots. Lip synching, using tracks or whatever, Scott Weiland and crew still know how to perform and I still had a great time.

 

Comments

À LA GRAHAM said…
Oh my gosh...that is hilarious; assuming he didnt get hurt ;)

Popular Posts