Rural Ledge-ucation #27: George Harrison

Last week, HBO aired Martin Scorsese's four-hour documentary on George Harrison, Living In the Material World. While I have a few issues with the program (length, topics, etc.), my playlist over the last few days has been full of Harrison tunes. Today I played a few of them, along with some great covers of both solo and Beatles tunes that George wrote. You can find this show at all the usual spots, or directly download it HERE!

1. George Harrison, All Things Must Pass
2. The Smithereens Don't Bother Me
3. The Lolas, I Need You
4. Twenty Cent Crush, Taxman
5. Yim Yames, Love You To
6. Thea Gilmore, I Want To Tell You
7. The Drowners, While My Guitar Gently Weeps
8. The Beatles, Old Brown Shoe
9. Pete Molinari, For You Blue
10. Beth Orton, I Me Mine
11. The Beatles, Sour Milk Sea (Mono Outtake)
12. Doris Troy, Ain't That Cute
13. Ronnie Spector, Try Some, Buy Some
14. George Harrison, Run Of The Mill (Alternate-Take/Mix)
15. Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs, Beware of Darkness
16. Galaxie 500, Isn't It A Pity
17. Camper Van Beethoven, Photograph
18. George Harrison, It Don't Come Easy (Demo-Version)
19. Bob Dylan, If Not For You
20. Bob Dylan, Just Like A Woman (Live)
22. George Harrison, Absolutely Sweet Marie (Live)
23. Bob Dylan, Something
24. Traveling Wilburys, Runaway

Comments

Popular Posts