Live Ledge #55: RIP Davy Jones

I'll always have a place in my heart for The Monkees. Throughout my childhood, I can recall one of the TV networks taking a break from Saturday morning cartoons for reruns, and one of my first albums ever was their self-titled debut. So, yes, I was a little sad when I heard the news that Davy Jones had died of a heart attack earlier this year, and their presence just had to be felt in this show.
There's more to this week's Live Ledge than Beatles-esque pop songs, though. Besides lots of new releases and a few blog finds, I talk about Lou Reed's 70th birthday and give an update on the health of former Replacements' guitarist Slim Dunlap.
Please download this episode via iTunes, Stitcher, or directly HERE!

1. Paul Westerberg, Daydream Believer
2. Paul Westerberg, You Just Might Be the One
3. The Monkees, She
4. Sex Pistols, (I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone
5. Deer Tick, Born At Zero
6. Kevn Kinney & The Golden Palaminos, Gotta Move On (Again)
7. High On Stress, Bite Your Tongue
8. Howler, This One's Different
9. Pink Mink, Booby Prize
10. The Magnolias, Where Do You Go?
11. Sugar, If I Can't Change Your Mind
12. Chris Devotion and The Expectations, I Need Your Touch
13. Mind Spiders, Beat
14. Cloud Nothings, Cut You
15. The Velvet Underground, Run Run Run Peel
16. David Bowie, White Light/White Heat
17. The Celibate Rifles, I'm Waiting for the Man
18. Guitar Gangsters, Scrape Me Off your Shoe
19. 78 RPM's, The Longest Way Home
20. Classics Of Love, Bandstand
21. Thanes, Can't Stop Thinking About Her
22. Wyldlife, Invisible Boy
23. The Barreracudas, Baby Baby Baby
24. The Plimsouls, Good Times
25. Skangkots, Dance Sucka
26. The Borstal, Wake Up Boys
27. The Dragons, Wasted Days And Wasted Nights
28. Cannibals, I Can't Control Myself
29. DM Bob & The Deficits, Jeepster
30. The Monkees, For Pete's Sake

Comments

Popular Posts