Live Ledge #244: Wreckless Eric

One of the thrills of my freelance newspaper gig is that every now and then I get to chat with artists that I truly love. These interviews more than make up for the mainstream "bro-country" acts or over-the-hill metal bands that I have to usually endure.
Wreckless Eric is one of these thrilling opportunities. I've loved him ever since I heard "Whole Wide World" as a teen in the late 70's. Since then, he's had a pretty eclectic career that's grossly underrated. Tonight's show is an overview of his entire career, from that early hit through his sadly-forgotten 80's releases under names such as Len Bright Combo and Captains of Industry, along with plenty of selections from his collaborative albums with his wife, Amy Rigby. Of course, there's also songs from his most excellent recent album, "amERICa". There's also quite a few covers of the song that Eric says "everybody has covered".
Of course, the show also includes my phone interview, which includes some questions that didn't make the ensuing article. To read what was included, click here.
As always, you can find this episode on Stitcher and iTunes, or...

CLICK HERE FOR A DIRECT DOWNLOAD OR STREAM!!!

1. Paul Westerberg, (I'd Go) The Whole Wide World
2. Wreckless Eric, Whole Wide World
3. Wreckless Eric, Semaphore Signals
4. Proclaimers, Whole Wide World
5. Wreckless Eric, A Pop Song
6. Wreckless Eric, Take The Cash (K.A.S.H)
7. Elvis Costelllo, Whole Wide World
8. The Pristeens, (I'd Go The) Whole Wide World
9. Captains of Industry, Julie
10. Len Bright Combo, You're Gonna Screw My Head Off
11. Len Bright Combo, The Golden Hour Of Harry Secombe
12. Le Beat Group Electrique, It's A Sick Sick World
13. Wreckless Eric, Birthday Blues
14. Wreckless Eric, Joe Meek
15. The Hitsville House Band, You Can't Be A Man (Without A Beer In Your Hand)
16. Eric Goulden, Gasoline
17. Die Toten Hosen, Whole Wide World
18. Wreckless Eric, Crying Waiting Hoping
19. Wreckless Eric & James Nicholls, Little Child
20. Wreckless Eric, The Crooked Beat
21. Holly Golightly & The Brokeoffs, Murder In My Mind
22. Wreckless Eric & Amy Rigby, First Mate
23. Wreckless Eric & Amy Rigby, Walls
24. Wreckless Eric, Boy Band
25. Wreckless Eric, Days of My Life
26. Wreckless Eric, Several Shades of Green
27. The Wedding Present, Whole Wide World

Comments

Popular Posts