The Ledge #727: Even More From the Hudson Compound


One of my favorite occasional theme for this show is the "Hudson Compound" series, where I play nothing but tracks from records I've been listening to in my humble abode. It's been awhile, so I figured it was the perfect time to do this again.

The core of this week's tracks comes from a little personal theme I've been following for the past week, where I have been playing almost nothing but great Minneapolis rock and roll that I've otherwise ignored in the last couple of years. There are great bands that should be much more recognized (Crash Street Kids, Loose Rails). There are original Twin/Tone Records legends (Suburbs, Magnolias, The Phones, Curtiss A, Soul Asylum). And there's a few artists that rarely are far from my turntable (Paul Westerberg, Husker Du, The Hypstrz). 

Besides those two sets, there are sections devoted to 60s legends, garage rock bands whose albums I've acquired in recent months, and a few odds and ends. It's the perfect weekend listen!

What's your favorite Minneapolis band or album?

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE SHOW! 


1. Soul Asylum - Sick of that Song

2. Crash Street Kids - Little Girls

3. Paul Westerberg - As Far As I Know

4. Husker Du - It's Not Funny Anymore

5. The Magnolias - Reach Out

6. Loose Rails - Tell Me Now

7. Suicide Commandos - Complicated Fun

8. The Phones - Back In Time

9. Curtiss A - Assault and Battery

10. Suburbs - Black Leather Stick

11. The Hypstrz - All Or Nothing

12. Downliners Sect - Be A Sect Maniac

13. Downliners Sect - If I Could Just Go Back

14. Downliners Sect - Brand New Cadillac

15. The Who - A Quick One While He's Away

16. Small Faces - Wham Bam Thank You Mam

17. The Rolling Stones - Citadel

18. Jesse Malin - Wendy

19. Game Theory - Not Because You Can

20. The Lyres - Love Me Till The Sun Shines

21. Pale Lips - Some Sort Of Rock n' Roll

22. The Clash - Clampdown

23. undertones - Get Over You

24. The Jam - Away From The Numbers

25. The Soft Boys - Rock N Roll Toilet

26. The Damned - Fan Club

27. Wire - Three Girl Rhumba

28. The Fall - Totally Wired

29. The Buzzcocks - What Do I Get?

30. Lazy Cowgirls - Know Your Product

31. Lazy Cowgirls - You're Gonna Miss Me

32. Cheater Slicks - There's a Girl

33. Raunch Hands - I'd Rather Go To Jail

34. The Saints - One Way Street (Original Mix)

Comments

Popular Posts