Live Ledge #265: Little Hypocrite

If anything good came out of the recent election cycle, it's the public discussion of what it is like to be a female in this country. It's still hard for a man to really grasp the condescension, the "mansplaining", and the outright sexism they have to endure on a daily basis.

It's even hard for me to write this little podcast intro, as the wrong words may be misinterpreted. I know that at some point in my life I probably haven't acted as I should. It's inevitable. Especially in the section of the country where I reside. But I try to do, act, or say the right thing.

So after "pussy grabber" was elected as our President, I've spent a lot of time listening to my favorite female songwriters and female-led bands. It's only natural that this led to another showcase for some of my more recent records that I have enjoyed. So here it is, ready for you at iTunes, Stitcher, or...

CLICK HERE TO STREAM OR DOWNLOAD!!!!

1. Patti Smith, Because the Night (Live)
2. Alice Bag, Little Hypocrite
3. Shonen Knife, Rock'n'roll T-shirt
4. Bikini Kill, This Is Not A Test
5. Sleater Kinney, No Anthems
6. Pretenders, Gotta Wait
7. The Juliana Hatfield Three, Dog On A Chain
8. Dressy Bessy, Pop Phenom
9. Boss Hog, Wichita Grey
10. Lydia Loveless, Real
11. The Girls!, Let's Get Weird
12. Sarah Shook & the Disarmers, Keep the Home Fires Burnin'
13. Courtney Barnett, Pedestrian at Best
14. The Coathangers, Squeeki Tiki
15. Colleen Green, TV
16. The Aquadolls, Rich Boyz
17. Baby Shakes, All the Pretty Things
18. Bully, I Remember
19. Bruise Violet, Sketchy Jeff
20. Bleached, Keep on Keepin' On
21. Joanna Gruesome, Jamie (Luvver)
22. Leggy, Even Lana
23. HINDS, Garden
24. Mannequin Pussy, Emotional High
25. Pony Time, Rock And Roll Will Kill You
26. Le Butcherettes, They Fuck You Over
27. L'Assassins, Psycho Beach
28. Go Betty Go, By Your Side
29. Cocktail Slippers, Shame On Me
30. Childbirth, Tech Bro
31. Dog Party, Round 'N' Round
32. Skinny Girl Diet, Lazy Eye
33. Dirty Ghosts, Quicksand Castle
34. Death Valley Girls, Death Valley Boogie
35. Hayley and the Crushers, Seventeen Strum
36. The Shiverettes, Fuck Yr Selfie

Comments

Popular Posts