Live Ledge #63: Gorman Bechard
The Hart movie looks to be unlike any "rock-doc" ever made. Bechard describes Hart as the "Robert McNamara" of rock 'n' roll, and the plan is to utilize the method used on McNamara in The Fog Of War. The doc will be nothing but Grant Hart, as he talks about not only his side of the Husker Du story but other elements of his interesting (and sometimes tragic) life and career.
Every Everything, the music, life & times of Grant Hart - promo teaser from Gorman Bechard on Vimeo.
As he has on his last two movies, Bechard is utilizing Kickstarter to fund this project, and if you want to help (please do) head over to Every Everything to back what should be one of the great music movies in quite some time. The best part of Kickstarter? Every pledge has a reward, from a "thanks" in the credits to artwork and/or dinner with Grant. There's only seven days left to pledge, so head over there NOW!
To listen to the interview with Gorman, you can either a). subscribe to The Ledge in iTunes, b). download The Ledge app in the iTunes store, c), stream it on Stitcher, or...
1. David Bowie, Starman (Top of The Pops Version)
2. The Clash, London Calling (2012 Mix)
3. Devo, Girl U Want
4. The Specials, Gangsters
5. Ty Segall & White Fence, Crybaby Hair
6. Cobra Verde, Teenage Kicks
7. The Sunburns, Hate the World
8. The White Wires, Just Wanna Be With You
9. Diamond Rugs, Hungover and Horny
10. Deer Tick, Born At Zero
11. Waco Brothers, Great Chicago Fire
12. Gentleman Jesse, I'm Only Lonely
13. The Men, Turn It Around
14. Archers Of Loaf, What Did You Expect? (Merge 7" Version)
15. Cloud Nothings, Stay Useless
16. Grant Hart, 2541
17. Husker Du, Never Talking To You Again
18. Elvis Costello & The Imposters, Heart Of The City
19. The Replacements, Customer (Alternate Take)
20. The Gruesomes, Unchain My Heart
21. The Revellions, Down On Your Luck
22. Stoneage Hearts, Rock 'n' Roll Boys Rock 'n' Roll Girls
23. The Lonesome Savages, The Train Kepy A-Rollin'
24. T. Tex Edwards, Have You Ever Spent The Night In Jail?