Live Ledge #56: Not-So-Pure Pop

Yes, I realize I'm late in posting this week's Live Ledge, but I have an excuse. Right after my show ended, I immediately jumped onto the Mojo Workout ship, and by the time their three-hour tour concluded it was bedtime. It was definitely worth the extended on-air duties, though, as I was able to successfully induct Alex Chilton into the REAL Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame.
Back to my show, though. I didn't intend to have a power pop show, but that's really what it became...especially as I collected favorite songs on a number of great garage-pop new releases. 2012 is shaping up to be a great year for music, and you'll agree with me if you enjoy the majority of this week's show.
As always, get this episode from iTunes, stream it on Stitcher or The Ledge android/iPhone app, or directly download it HERE!

1. Violet, Porpoise Song
2. The Suicide Commandos, Attacking the Beat
3. Howler, This One's Different
4. High On Stress, Lost My Invitation
5. The Tough Shits, Cats and Dogs
6. Sleeper Agent, Force a Smile
7. Thee American Revolution, Haircut
8. Chris Devotion and The Expectations, Tell The Girl
9. The Plimsouls, Zero Hour
10. Vertebrats, Left In The Dark
11. The Barreracudas, Numbers
12. The Rippers, She Drives Me Mad
13. The Thanes, Can't Stop Thinking About Her
14. Kurt Baker, Don't Steal My Heart Away
15. Muck and the Mires, King Of The Beat
16. The Reckless Hearts, Personal Property
17. The Dictators, 16 Forever
18. Electric Frankenstein, Cant Keep A Bad Man Down
19. The Hellacopters, Pack Of Lies
20. The Men, Turn It Around
21. The Men, Please Don't Go Away
22. Personal and The Pizzas, I Don't Wanna Be No Personal Pizza
23. Personal and The Pizzas, Pepperoni Eyes
24. Transistors, Two Shadows
25. The Avengers, The American In Me
26. Dmz, Watch For Me Girl
27. F.U.2, Come On Strong
28. The Wynona Riders, The Great Rock'n'Roll Swindle
29. Mr. Irish Bastard, God Save The Queen
30. Sex Pistols, Bodies
31. Sid Vicious, Something Else (1st mix)
32. Shrapnel, Sunset Strip
33. Secret Affair, The Young Ones
34. Thee Vicars, I Don't Wanna Be Like You
35. The Shimmys, Don't Slander Me
36. The Little Killers, Jenna Lee
37. The Mansfields, Hell On Wheels
38. Guitar Gangsters, Bad Bad Girl

Comments

Popular Posts