Rural Ledge-ucation #49: Happy Birthday Nick Lowe

Yesterday was Nick Lowe's 63 birthday, so it was only fitting that I'd dedicate a show to one of my favorite songwriters, producers, and performers! There was a period in my life (1978-1982) that I'd immediately purchase anything with his name on it...which means I have a lot of Nick Lowe releases as he was extremely prolific at the time. Lowe's "Bash it out" style of production (hence, his "The Basher" nickname) resulted in lively, primarily punchy first-take tunes.
Today's show celebrates all aspects of Nick's career - from his original tracks to production credits to some great covers of his best songs. As a bonus, I had ZERO technical problems today! Grab this via iTunes, Stitcher, The Ledge android/iPhone app, or

DOWNLOAD THIS SHOW HERE!


1. Nick Lowe, I Knew the Bride (When She Used to Rock and Roll)
2. Brinsley Schwarz, (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace Love And Understanding
3. Nick Lowe, Marie Provost
4. Wilco, I Love My Label
5. Nick Lowe, So It Goes
6. Elvis Costello, (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
7. Wreckless Eric, Whole Wide World
8. Pretenders, Stop Your Sobbing
9. Graham Parker, Back To Schooldays
10. Nick Lowe, They Called It Rock
11. Rockpile, Girls Talk (Live)
12. Rockpile, Cruel to Be Kind (Live)
13. Rockpile, Teacher Teacher
14. Johnny Cash, Without Love
15. Carlene Carter, Baby Ride Easy
16. Johnny Cash, The Beast In Me
17. Little Village, Don't Go Away Mad
18. Eric Ambel, 12 Step Program (To Quit You Babe)
19. The 'lectric Chairs, Heart Of The City
20. Nick Lowe & The Impossible Birds, I'm Coming Home
21. Nick Lowe, Baby It's You
22. The Glimmer Stars, Rollers Show
23. The Lowe Beats, I Don't Want The Night To End
24. Sparkle*Jets, Uk When I Write The Book
25. The Damned, New Rose
26. Richard Hell, The Kid With The Replaceable Head
27. Mickey Jupp, You'll Never Get Me Up In One Of Those
28. Dr Feelgood, She's A Wind Up
29. Alberto Y Lost Trios Paranoias, Kill
30. Steve Earle, (What's So Funny About) Peace Love & Understanding

Comments

Popular Posts