Rural Ledge-ucation #58: Birthdays & Stuff
This week isn't just noteworthy for birthdays, though. The biggest story of the week is the triumphant return of The Afghan Whigs, who played their first show in ten years. For more info on that gig, you should check out former Ledge guest Caryn Rose's blog. Today also marked the anniversaries of the release of Buddy Holly's first single, "That'll Be the Day", and the Sex Pistols' "God Save the Queen". Yesterday marked the 40th anniversary of David Bowie handing Mott the Hoople the tune that changed their career ("All the Young Dudes", and Wednesday was the 45th anniversary of Pink Floyd recording their landmark single, "See Emily Play".
Today's Rural Ledge-ucation celebrates all of these birthdays and anniversaries, and as always you can grab this in iTunes, stream it on Stitcher, or...
DIRECTLY DOWNLOAD/STREAM THIS EPISODE BY CLICKING HERE!!!
1. The Afghan Whigs, Bulletproof
2. The Jam, That's Entertainment
3. The Jam, The Bitterest Pill (I Ever Had To Swallow)
4. The Style Council, Walls Come Tumbling Down
5. Paul Weller, The Attic
6. Morrissey, Suedehead
7. Pete Yorn, Panic
8. Colin Meloy, Every Day Is Like Sunday
9. Treepeople, Big Mouth Strikes Again
10. Siouxie & the Banshees, Dear Prudence
11. The Specials, A Message To You Rudy
12. Split Enz, I Got You
13. Buddy Holly, That'll Be The Day
14. Pink Floyd, See Emily Play
15. Mott The Hoople, All The Young Dudes
16. Sex Pistols, God Save The Queen
17. Bob Dylan, The Man In Me