Rural Ledge-ucation #93: St. Paddy's Day

I'm not known as a traditionalist, so the concept of doing a traditional Irish show for St. Patrick's Day was a challenge. Since only a fraction of my bloodline comes from that wonderful country, I don't have the sort of romantic view of most of those tunes from the old country. Most are kind of "schlocky", in my opinion.
I did my best today, though, to compile a somewhat old-school show. There are some of the classic groups from the 60's (The Clancy Brothers, Dubliners, etc.) along with quieter moments from more current acts (Flogging Molly, Mahones, etc.). There's also a couple of semi-novelty tunes to lighten the mood.
Overall, this should be a fun show for those who celebrate the big day on the actual date it should be celebrated! Who started this trend of having the festivities on the closest Saturday? My favorite St. Patrick's Day of all time was on a Tuesday!
Anyway, grab this from the usual online spots, or...

DIRECTLY STREAM/DOWNLOAD BY CLICKING HERE!!!


1. John Lennon & Yoko Ono, The Luck Of The Irish
2. The Irish Rovers, Whiskey On A Sunday
3. The Dubliners, Nancy Whiskey
4. The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem, Whiskey You're the Devil [Live]
5. Van Morrison, Moonshine Whiskey
6. Ewan Maccoll, Dirty Old Town
7. The Pogues, The Irish Rover
8. Shane MacGowan & The Popes, Victoria
9. Adrian Edmunson & The Bad Shepherds, Humours Of Tullah/Teenage Kicks/Whiskey In The Jar
10. Jonathan Richman, Just Because I'm Irish
11. Flogging Molly, The Worst Day Since Yesterday
12. The Mahones, Girl With Galway Eyes
13. Tony Duggins, I Wish I Was Back In Liverpool
14. Mighty Stef, Romantic Ireland Is Dead And Gone
15. Black 47, Danny Boy

Comments

Popular Posts